NEW FISH~Pelviachromis taeniatus"Moliwe"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Thank you for the responses everyone. Gosh I love these fish:hearts: Quick update and a couple of more pics. I have free swimmers in the 15 now also. Momma is keeping them well protected and doesn't let them venture far from the cave. I think this might have to do with the C. habrosus or my single L.dorsigera. I need to set up another tank for my SA fish but I hope to move in a month so I don't want to do all that work and stress the fish out just to move them in 30 days. From what I can tell, I have not lost any fry from either tank and the parents are doing a much better job of rearing them. I don't know if it's maturity on the parents or the fact that there is no competition between the pairs. Either way things are looking up in the survival of the offspring.
The fry in the grow-out tank are doing well and I hope that I will be able to sex them within the next two months. Those Hikari First Bites are just awesome and I'm kicking myself for not trying them earlier.
Anyway here a couple of more pics from my "new" camera(which I am still learning how to use). TYIA for keeping up with this thread and your input is always welcome.Another of the fry from my 10g
IMG_0644.JPG
The next two are from the 20 long taken yesterday :dance:
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
Hope you enjoy!

IMG_0644.JPG IMG_0655.JPG IMG_0658.JPG

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
Great pictures man! This is an awesome thread! Keep us updated.

RBoydIV

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Any chance any fry are going to be available for sale anytime soon. If so let me know, please!!!!

aussie pride

AC Members
Jun 21, 2010
Amazing fish. These are the exact fish I am looking for to stock my 16g bowfront with ( pair of P. taeniatus 'Moliwe' or 'Wouri'). I am officially jealous..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store