Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

New LTA

Discussion in 'Anemone' started by NewGuy69, Apr 30, 2009.

1. NewGuy69

NewGuy69 Registered Member

May 1, 2009
    Hi guys, I'm new on here and it is great to see hobbyists helping hobbyists.

I brought home an LTA about a week ago, but it would seem I was slightly misinformed about placement. My research told me that they would go on live rock or the sand or even stick to the glass.

I thought it would be best to place him on top of the live rock where he would be unobstructed by the rock and would be able to open up fully and be closer to the lights. He did move around a little on top of the rock and then seemed to stick his foot in a crevice on the rock. All in all, he looks healthy.

Since placing him there, I continued researching this guy and discovered they should be put in the sand (although, some of them will ultimately prefer to be on live rock). I guess my question is should I leave him alone, or should I try to move him down to the sand? Will he in fact move if he isn't happy there, or is there a chance he might have just gotten stuck on the rock?

Thanks for your help guys!

Ryan

2. mcsassy

mcsassy professional fool

Oct 10, 2011
    You're talking about an anemone I'm guessing, but I don't know what kind. They will go where they want regardless, so there is no point really in moving it yourself.

3. NewGuy69

NewGuy69 Registered Member

May 1, 2009
    it's a long tentacle anemone

4. davocean

davocean AC Members

Carpenter/contractor
    Jun 6, 2010
    LTA's prefer sand.
    If it goes up on rock, normally that means light is too weak.
    I would not remove him if he's anchored, tearing the foot will kill it.
    It will move down to sandbed as long as light is good.
    Moderate light and flow, good water quality is key.