oh boy paludarium experiment #2

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
Last edited:

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
i had to read back when i saw the light you had over it ;)

on a side note, are those jars like your cloche or are they artificial?

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
heya, the jars are real, planted with hydroton under layer of plantation soil/charcoal mix.

a trip to Win today yielded a fresh bag of flourite black... which will be a nice replacement for the ecocomplete. also scored some filter foam to stuff the pump area with and 3 otos for another tank! Win rocks.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
also: just bought what looks to be a really nice, giant mat of HC that I'm going to cover the emergent left side of the tank with. courtesy of Plantedrandall.

my end goal is to create something like the attached pic, which is a crop of Gbudd's giant zoodelirium. it's awesome. anyone know what this is?

whatsthis.jpg

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
so I just filled the land part on the left with a layer of ceramic filter media, a layer of medium natural gravel/stone, a layer of flourite black, and a layer of plantation soil, with screens between the ceramic, stone, and flourite. then I hooked up the pump, got the filter media in place, and am giving her a test run. so far so good. nearly silent too.

IMG_0450.JPG IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0453.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0460.JPG IMG_0462.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store