OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY ABN GAVE BIRTH AND FRY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
its pretty cool watching fry grow from little tadpoles looking things to where they actually start looking like the parents. Good luck!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
And soon all your fish friends will be running away from you because you will try to talk everyone into taking some. LOL

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
;)^
thx

thanks for all the help so far guys!!!!!!!

i actually put in the dad with the 50+ fry into the 10G at the same time after drip acclimating(bc i added 2Gs of RO)........

and he is fanning the 5-6 eggs that haven't completely hatched yet.......

a question......most of the fry(90%) are staying with their daddy in the pot........while 10% left and are exploring the glass walls of the tank and the other clay pots i put in there for comfort.:)

any other tips.......im really having a hard time removing the empty egg casings.....a true PITA:)
any ideas? or should i leave them in there for the babies as food?

btw.......i have 6 babies in a breeding container full of algae and they seem to be eating....;)

the algae is covering the sides of the container as i left it in my 72G for 2 weeks;)
im going to move those 6 babies into the 10G in like 5 min......

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
hey guys.......a few more questions;)

so all fry are hatched............

but why are they ALL staying inside with their dad? is this normal? they are just staying in the cave;) while the other 10% are out and about;)
should i leave in the egg shell/cases???

no deaths so far!:)

thx

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
The fry normally do stay in the cave with the father until they've absorbed their yolk sacs, and sometimes quite a bit longer IME.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
thanks!^

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
The fry normally do stay in the cave with the father until they've absorbed their yolk sacs, and sometimes quite a bit longer IME.
k, thanks! now i feel better! but do u know why some are active and outside?

and another issue:(
i found a struggling fry without its yolk sac:( where could it be? did it fall off? or what:(

can i help it? or should i let it attempt on its own?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
and anybody know how often they will spawn again and how fast they grow?

i would appreciate it if anybody could tell me how long b4 they get to 1"?

i guesstimated 3 weeks?

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Try at least 2 months to get 1 inch. Most likely 3 for most of the batch. They are slowish growers. Should spawn monthly then you won't know what to do with all the babies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store