OMG!!!!!!!!!!!MY ABN GAVE BIRTH AND FRY ARE SWIMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Not all as the parents are albino but a mix of both until the brown gene is bred out, will you most likely get all albinos.
yeah;) but how come 40 out of 45 are brown? that shouldn't be possible.......my male is definitely pure as i saw its parents which were also both ABNs except were being sold as a breeding pair for $30..........at petco! someone brought them in.........im sure......because u don't get such intense coloring without the L???(forgot which one) and an albino........the female might have BN parents.......but still shouldn't have.....

Yeah one or both might be carrying the regular bn gene. I would start leaving a slice of cucumber for food as soon as the yolk disappears. Also cover any air tubes since bn babies get everywhere and sometimes get stuck. What kind of filte you running there?
what do u mean?

i only have an airtube running an airstone
filter is an adjustable whisper 20

almost all babies are out......i see 3 of them under the pot

the rest are everywhere

20 of them are upside down at the top swimming around;) bc the water level is a bit too high, that is why they are upside down as the tank cover is like a top to the tank for babies to latch on to until water level drops.......

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Yup, chances are you're gonna get a few batches of browns if they carry those genes. But browns are cool too, so don't worry ;)

yeah;) but i should still see a few ABNs none of which i have seen so far.......btw if this helps

they are NOT brown

but sort of tannish so they could still be albino? i don't know how they should look..............but maybe the color will intensify into albino? idk......wahtever......

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Airstone is fine. I mention it if you had one of those sponge filters that have an output tube for the air bubbles. Bns always get into places like that and sometimes get stuck. When my albino long fins breed I get 75% albino long fins and 25% alibino regular fins. I obtain a pair of reg bns from a friend that has 75% regular and 25% albino. Now I breed the regular with my long fin albinos and get 75% albino and 25% regulars. And out of those its like 50% long fins.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
You should know they are true browns when they get older. Only way you are going to know as they are still young. If you know most of the plecos' lineage, it will be best to tell which colors. Just because the parents are both albino, doesn't mean most should be as maybe both parents are carrying the brown gene.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
You should know they are true browns when they get older. Only way you are going to know as they are still young. If you know most of the plecos' lineage, it will be best to tell which colors. Just because the parents are both albino, doesn't mean most should be as maybe both parents are carrying the brown gene.
okay, so that means, i could get all of them brown? it really doesn't matter to me;) but i like the looks of ABNs better:) as they are easier to spot as they stand out

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Airstone is fine. I mention it if you had one of those sponge filters that have an output tube for the air bubbles. Bns always get into places like that and sometimes get stuck. When my albino long fins breed I get 75% albino long fins and 25% alibino regular fins. I obtain a pair of reg bns from a friend that has 75% regular and 25% albino. Now I breed the regular with my long fin albinos and get 75% albino and 25% regulars. And out of those its like 50% long fins.
k, now it makes sense;) i have never used a sponge filter in my life......idk how it works......i've heard u can make it just out of an aerator and a sponge.....but idk how.

cool;) maybe i'll buy one of ur long fins sometime:)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
yeah, that is what i thought;) they look like mine currently........except no yolk.......those aren't mine;)

okay!:) i hope they turn out like i wanted!:) if not, i'll just take the few ones that were Albino if i get any and try to form pairs of those and keep going until i get a 50% or better rate of albinos.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store