PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
probably an egg eater. looks like the setup is too nice!

is astonishing already taken? that's what i'd call this setup btw.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Well the bird experiment continues. Seems like in couple weeks i'll have some pintail finches for sale. The morning after I took the latest pictures we heard cherps and there were 4 babies and one egg. Ijust peaked again the one egg i could not find and counting them was next to impossible. Mother bird has stripped my waterfall of every peice of moss and riccia there was and that was alot. I ordered more 6 3x3 sections and i see that won't last a week. Tried to give them EVERY GREEN LEAFY vegitable there was from the grocery store and she still goes for the riccia. MY LUCK! I have spent some time prunning and vacuuming the tank pulled/ raked the pellia and riccia out of the micro sword add some new micro sword and replanted. Also added some parva,and nesea pedicellata a new plant to me. we'll see how it goes i'll post some pic next week.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
do you think i could make what you made on a small scale with a 10g? how did you do it?

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Thinking about it ,and i'd think miniturizing this set-up would be a heck of a challange. LOL I've never liked restrictions which is why my emersed is truely seperate from the aquarium Meaning not within the restrictions of the top of the tank. But any thing is possible. Keep any eye out i'm looking for the pics i took while setting up .

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
ok, thanks. what kind of soils and stuff did you use?

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Standard fiberglass window screen. The frame on the ceiling is just a little bit small then the outline of the tank so the netting just sit's against the black band on the top of the tank. All i have to do is lift the screen to gain access to the top of the tank granted it's only about a foot tall by 3' wide and lessens in height as you get close to the corners .But like I have said before other then pruning I don't do much up there .If your asking about the water proof shelf that is bronze plexi.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Well it's been at least two years now since i added birds to my setup and i have to say i have surprised myself. The birds are breeding like crazy. And even with 6 birds " mom dad and babbies" the tank has handled the bio load wth no issue's i have had to stop the CO2 due to traveling and the Mr's feeds the fish and does a weekly water change. What's the expression so simple a cave man can do it! Just adding this note for the record

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store