Pictures of my Paludarium 56K Warning

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JoeRags3

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Millstone Township, NJ
Here are few snapshots of my paludarium, I was supposed to be studying and got distracted by the tank I'm most proud of.

My two Fire Belly Newts (who the tank was originally built for)

My little ADF, she's shedding right now thats why she may look a little fuzzy

Here is an ACF I rescued 2 months ago from my best friend, he was keeping in a 2.5 Gallon for quite a few years.

Size comparison of the two frogs, they sleep together, infact the ADF sleeps ontop of the ACF

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
I think it's amazing the ACF hasn't eaten anyone yet. you must be very lucky...

anyway, that's probably the best looking paulidarium I even saw.

TimmyB42386

PO'd Crawdad
Dec 15, 2006
New Jersey
do us a favor and breakdown how you built that, and what type of moss, how you got the land area etc..

I ve been thinking of doing something like this for a very long time and just havent gottem around to it, but this inspired to get on it.

JoeRags3

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Millstone Township, NJ
Thank you for all the kind comments.

I think it's amazing the ACF hasn't eaten anyone yet. you must be very lucky....
Actually he did eat all my Ghost Shrimp, I was surprised that he hasn't gone for anything else, I think from living in solitude for 4+ years he's happy to have company but once something goes missing or becomes injured I have a 10 Gal thats not set up that will become his new home.

do us a favor and breakdown how you built that, and what type of moss, how you got the land area etc..

I ve been thinking of doing something like this for a very long time and just havent gottem around to it, but this inspired to get on it.
I actually have a step by step here, as you can tell There have been quite a few changes since I first built it. On the land portion is actually Java Moss, there is also some micro sword the rooted and is growing terrestrially. The center plant is a random tropical plant that I found at Petco for a cheap price. In the water is Anubias nana, Java Fern, Micro sword, Duckweed, Amazon Frogbit, and Valliseria spiralis, there is also a fake plant under the land portion. Filter is a Whisper 10i, natural gravel found on Drs. Foster and Smith, Eco-Complete for the soil of land portion, the cave was siliconed together using some sort of stacking reptile stone I found at PetSmart (2 packages), and a Whisper air pump the air stone is beneath the gravel I hate the look of an air stone when it gets old so I always hide them beneath the gravel. One thing I would do different is the support for the land area, I found a different technique after the fact that doest require pillars like I have, found here. I you want an update or better step by step let me know and I may be able to put one together.

Joe

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store