Planted brackish lighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
Setting up a 55g planted brackish (1.008 sg) tank for f8 puffers, bumblebee gobies, and maybe a few other oddballs. I'm gonna have some moneywort, hornwort, parrot feather, Anubias, java fern, Bacopa, Anarcharis, and banana plant. Would a coralife t5no suffice or do I need to break down and get a coralife t5ho? I'm trying not to break the bank. Thanks for the info/suggestions.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Single or double bulb fixture? 1 t5no wont be enough for much other then the low light stuff, if its a double fixture it'll probably be enough. Double HO's would be ideal especially if you may up the salinity a bit to grow marine plants.

No need to be stuck on coralife brand either other cheaper fixtures are out there.

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
It'll be a dual bulb fixture. The salinity will never be higher than 1.010 and that would only happen if I goof up when mixing my salt. I just say coralife because my lfs deals in them a lot and he took 2 of my old mainland LED hoods off my hands yesterday in exchange for some ram cichlids do I told him I'd get my lighting from him.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
with dual NO's the bacopa and moneywort would be the two i'd be concerned with they're generally high light.

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
Lol I just realized I listed Moneywort and Bacopa. It's the same plant! Lol

So everything else should be fine with 2 t5no bulbs then. I already bought the Bacopa so I'll still throw that in there too and if it dies not a huge deal. I'll have plenty of Anarcharis to take it's place.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store