Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Pygmy Corys again, trying to bury itself?

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by Darwins_Dog, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Darwins_Dog

Darwins_Dog AC Members

Teacher/Grad Srudent
    I posted a couple of weeks ago about mysterious pygmy cory deaths. I lost 3 out of 6 shortly after I got them. I saw no obvious cause of death, and everything has been fine for about 2 weeks now. Just a few minutes ago I looked in the tank and one had its head buried in the gravel. It was face down in a gap between a rock and a plant, with its tail sticking up. I was worried, so I touched it with my net, and it swam a few inches then rested on the bottom, and was breathing heavily. I watched for a minute or two, and then it started darting around the tank before finally trying to wedge itself under one of the decorations I have. The other two are acting normally, and the one in question seemed fine about an hour ago.

I just did a water change, and the water is fine. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, <5 nitrate, pH 7.3. The two biggest changes recently have been a DIY CO2 system a few days ago, but I have lots of plants, so that shouldn't be a problem, and some root fertilizer tabs this morning.

Is there something else I should check for? What is happening?