Rhinogobius Duospilus! Finally! Breeding attempt log.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
EGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS! Pics will be very difficult to get until I remove the eggs, which I'm not planning on for a few days. They are a little bigger than the Desert Goby Eggs, and there are fewer. It's hard to see in there, but I'm guessing there are 10-15. He ended up using a long, capped at the end, 3/4" diameter piece of PVC pipe. So here's the interesting thing: BOTH pregnant females were back in his cave with him last night. The egg-layer is out this AM, but the pregnant one is still in there with him. He doesn't seem concerned about it, so I'm not going to remove her just yet. We'll see if that's wise.

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Awsome good luck!

happypoet

AC Members
Jul 9, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Aaron
I got a better look this afternoon. I do not have two clutches. Not yet, anyway. What I thought was the second clutch last night was actually the second female's tail fin, I think. She's still in there with him, so we'll see if he gets a second clutch after all. She is leaving the eggs totally alone, and he's perfectly happy having her in the cave with him. It's all very interesting.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Congrats on the first clutch, hopefully you'll get some more. Keep up the good work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store