Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The way Alessandra looks, she looks nearly a watonai than a fantail. Gone are the days when she was round with eggs and she is now sexier.:D Her color changed from yellow to deep orange too which my photos don't do her current colors justice.:footinmouth:

Alessandra.JPG Alessandra 2.JPG

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I am introducing Mirage and Starla for the first time. I may be mistaken with Mirage as a shub as her finnage looks a lot like a comet despite her bulky appearance, possibly full of eggs maybe. She is the full white colored goldy. Starla is the male orange comet.

The rest are just new photos of my gang.:)

Gone are the days when Summers used to be fully black. He shed it with a more chocolate color and the rest look like they gained more bulk.

Dev.JPG Felix.JPG Felix 2.JPG Julian.JPG Mirage.JPG Moby.JPG Satine.JPG Satine 2.JPG Starla and Mirage.JPG Summers.JPG

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
And some more photos...

I forgot to add Loco, my black ranchu now graduated to the 75g. No photos of him yet. He cowered in fear when the goldies run into him to acknowledge him. It was Moby who actually instilled confidence in him that he is safe with them.:hypnotized: He looked so miniscule compared to the other goldies.

Teddy.JPG Teddy 2.JPG Velvet.JPG Velvet 2.JPG Velvet 3.JPG

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
nice fish I am gonna have to show my calico comet feeders I saved here

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
I still dont have goldies, but have been following this thread for awhile- BEAUTIFUL FISH EVERYONE!!!! I cant wait until I can have some goldies in a nice big planted. The plants will like their messiness ;) I'd like to save a few from craigslist. I see goldfish on there ALL time in little 3-4 gallon tanks.... so I have to wiat for the right set up... I just want to do right by the pretty guys!!! Thanks for all the inspiration guys!!!

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
I'd like to save a few from craigslist. I see goldfish on there ALL time in little 3-4 gallon tanks.... so I have to wiat for the right set up... I just want to do right by the pretty guys!!! Thanks for all the inspiration guys!!!
That's where I'll be getting my pond fish from (if I get to set up a pond)... I figured the pond (125g, $30!) would help me run my fish rescue :idea: I may also be getting a 55 or 75 gallon tank for $50 for that too, but I'm not sure yet :rolleyes:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
breeding stars?
Any pics?

It can be mistaken for ich so be very careful when you analyze the situation. I know a few people who treated their fish for ich for nothing thinking the breeding stars (white pimples/tubercles on the gill cover) is ich. Ich usually starts at the fins and spread gradually to the body. Breeding stars simply appear on gill covers and front pectoral fins.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store