Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

So I inherited a sw tank...

Discussion in 'Damsel / Anemone Fish' started by NoExit, Oct 22, 2009.

1. NoExit

NoExit AC Members

Hi there!

So a coworker brought in a 12 gallon eclipse sw tank to put up by the front desk. She was getting rid of it, and the owner of the company said he was wanting to get one for the office. I have a 10 gallon fw tank on my desk at work, so everyone figured I could just take care of it. So now it's my problem. Ha. Now I'm researching.

Anyway, there's what I think are 2 yellowtail blue damsels and 1 starfish of some sort (I'm having a hard time id-ing the star. I'll post a pic soon).

The more I read about damsels, the more worried I am. They sound like a major pain. They are still small (maybe 1.5") so I think they're youngish.

Is this going to be a problem? Should I try to get one more to balance aggression?

Other than that, i'm pretty excited to get into sw with an established tank. I just don't want this tank to turn into the mad max thunderdome.

Thanks!

2. snailrider

snailrider AC Members

Keep your eye on them. I have had great luck with multiple damsels in one tank. My 55 has 5 damsels and one yellow tang.

If one of them ends up in the corner regular, well then you may want to relocate one.