stocking a 40g breeder

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Duckie Duckie Come on Duckie, don't be like that. It is not a more helpful forum, I just got answers back faster there then here and I was able to put together a stock list that was really good. I sent out that post saying that it was finalized and tweaked to all of my forums that I had posted that on. I then meant to post the stocking list on here but I had an endless supply of homework(yep, I still go to school) for a month or so. Then I was forgot the site name and had to try to remember it. By the time I had remembered the sit name I had forgotten about this thread. I did manage to get on the other forums and get their opinions on the stock and get a ok to the stock. I got all the opinions from the other forums a little bit ago while I was trying to remember the sites name. It took me a long time to remember the name. I will post the stocking list on this forum to get your opinions. ALSO I was not able to get a 40 breeder so I got a 38 gallon. Here is the stocking list. http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor....AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple

Reactions: Duckie

crodaba1

Registered Member
Feb 2, 2012
Duckie Duckie Come on Duckie, don't be like that. It is not a more helpful forum, I just got answers back faster there then here and I was able to put together a stock list that was really good. I sent out that post saying that it was finalized and tweaked to all of my forums that I had posted that on. I then meant to post the stocking list on here but I had an endless supply of homework(yep, I still go to school) for a month or so. Then I was forgot the site name and had to try to remember it. By the time I had remembered the sit name I had forgotten about this thread. I did manage to get on the other forums and get their opinions on the stock and get a ok to the stock. I got all the opinions from the other forums a little bit ago while I was trying to remember the sites name. It took me a long time to remember the name. I will post the stocking list on this forum to get your opinions. ALSO I was not able to get a 40 breeder so I got a 38 gallon. Here is the stocking list. http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.php?AquTankName=&AquListBoxTank=Choose&AquTankLength=36&AquTankDepth=12&AquTankHeight=19&AquListBoxFilter=Choose&AquTextFilterRate=N/A+&AquListBoxFilter2=Choose&AquTextFilterRate2=N/A+&AquFilterString=&AquListBoxChooser=Angelfish+(Pterophyllum+scalare)&AquTextBoxQuantity=&AquTextBoxRemoveQuantity=6&FormSubmit=<+Remove&AquListBoxSelected=6+x+Black+Phantom+Tetra+(Hyphessobrycon+megalopterus)&AlreadySelected=200909300029:1::,200909300182:10::,200909300021:6::,200909300005:6::,200909300034:6::,200912111343:1::,200909300207:1::&FilterMode=Display+all+species&AqTempUnit=F&AqVolUnit=gUS&AqLengthUnit=inch&AqSortType=cname&FilterQuantity=2&AqJuvMode=&AqSpeciesWindowSize=short&AqSearchMode=simple
Personally, imho, skip the SAE. It'll be nice while small and may even eat the algae, but once older will eat anything your other fish eat and may display aggression.

My $.02

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
You are thinking of the cae. The siamese algae eater and the chinese algae eater are two totally different fish. The cae grows to 12 inch and does what you says it does. The sae grows to 6 inch and is completely peaceful.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Oh sorry, I misread your post. I thought you said that he will eat anything, INCLUDING my other fish. Haha that was a funny mix up. But yeah,you are right, it will eat anything my other fish eat. I am not really concerned with that because I feed small pellets and I dont think he would bother with small pellets when he could go after the algae wafers I put down for him. I bought him not for algae but because I like his looks :).

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I'd say skip the SAE and look for some Twig/Whiptail Catfish. I love the look of these dudes and don't seem to lose interest like Plecos or SAEs towards algae.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store