Tiger Barbs and Piranhas in same tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I saw this and wanted to share.

PattyCakes81

AC Members
Jun 26, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Real Name
Patricia
That's awesome! What luck he has? I can't put my Betta, Cosmo with any fish! He has bullied all of them or they would attack his fins! :(

So I have a 20 gallon high with one betta! Good for the betta but a little boring for me. Thanks for sharing.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Pretty neat.

Maybe the barbs are just a bit faster than the piranhas.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
One day, though......eh. Could be a nasty surprise in that tank to come home to. Pirh's can live with fish they don't see as competition for food or threats. Still.........................

Reactions: Anders247

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
One day, though......eh. Could be a nasty surprise in that tank to come home to. Pirh's can live with fish they don't see as competition for food or threats. Still.........................
Right on. Piranhas should at least be illegal without a permit in every state, if not illegal to posess altogether. Not for the danger they pose to talk mates, but to humans as well when the swarm is big enough in numbers.

LMOUTHBASS

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Jun 17, 2003
Boston , MA
Visit site
Real Name
Mark
Fish typically don't want to expend more energy chasing a meal then they'll gain on the intake consuming it and since it seems they're well fed they probably don't see the other tankmates as a viable food source.

Reactions: evil wizard

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I do plan to eventually have a piranha tank, so in about 25 years when I am 39. Duckie if that happens then I am blaming you. I don't want them to be illegal, I want to be able to have all of my friends that I make at that time to say "wow, what a cool tank".

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store