We have Krib eggs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Ok so i got home today and we still have little fry in there :D

brought home 3 more Harlys (now have 11) and some Marsilea Minuta from my sister.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Another little update.

Turns out, i got a lot of fry. i just have a hard time seeing them against the sand.

But the funny part is the two parents. the female will take the fry and spit them out under the little driftwood arch and the male will spit them out back into the cave. they have been doing this back and forth all morning :D

I got some video. i think i should upload it ;)

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
That is just great!!!!! I hoped that they would do a good job as parents, Just wanted you to be ready if........... My P. taeniatus just laid eggs again and I hope that they do it right this time. If they don't, can I borrow your's as tutors for mine,jk. Congrats again!!!!!

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Kribs are Pelvicachromis Pulcher

There are other species that are related to Kribs but theyre not called kribs.

WeedCali

Certified Dubhead
Dec 14, 2009
NorCal/BayArea
Real Name
Adam
Oh and the fry are now freely swimming outside the cave... well not exactly free swimming but theyre out grazing with the parents watching after them.

Theyre good parents :D

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
That is good to hear. They usually are great parents and fierce defenders. Glad yours are not following my Moliwe's example.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store