Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

What Ich remedies can I use with peacock eel in the tank??

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by mummyof2, Feb 3, 2008.

1. mummyof2

mummyof2 AC Members

Oct 17, 2008
    He doesn't have ich but I am suspecting that a fish or two MAY have ich. (not many spots yet...) What can I use safely? I have malachite green as I have live plants as well.
    Thanks for the info,
    Barbara

2. cmartin

cmartin Extra tanks - no place to setup :(

Website Creation and Hosting
    Jul 25, 2009
    I used AquariaSol (I think that is the name). It is for sensitive fish and I have black ghost knife.

I used it at half the recommended strength for twice as long...so 1/2 dose for twice as many days as listed.

It will kill any inverts as it contains copper. Not sure of effects on plants - I removed all of the plants before I started to treat.

I also put the temp up to 82-83.

It worked well for me and no ill effects on the black ghost - but then again - he did not have any spots to start with - just the Tetras.

3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka AC Members

Mar 14, 2015
    Salt and heat are all you need to treat Ich, forget the chemicals, 1 tsp/gallon will do it. Just raise the temp to about 82 to speed up the life cycle of the parasite, (they're only vulnerable in the free-swimming stage) and the salt will blast them when they leave the cysts on the fish.