Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

What's up with my tang?

Discussion in 'Surgeonfish' started by mcsassy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mcsassy

mcsassy professional fool

Oct 10, 2011
    My yellow eye kole has been acting funny the past few days...he goes to a certain spot of the front of the tank and starts poking at it with his head then swims backwards a few times fast...he does this a lot through out the day and even at night. His color is a little pale as well.

2. schigara

schigara AC Members

Jan 31, 2009
    Sounds like he's stressed and P'd off. What size tank and how long have you had him?

3. mcsassy

Oct 10, 2011
    He's not stressed or pissed haha. Get real. He is in a 72, eats non stop all day (grazes on the algae on the rocks and glass) and ya he's pretty healthy other than that. He's not constantly doing it...I duno weird...

4. BadRoma1

BadRoma1 AC Members

Dec 11, 2010
    maybe he is going crazy, like that fish in "Nemo" that was possesed with bubbles.

5. GotSalt

GotSalt AC Members

Jan 13, 2009
    Have you added anything new to the tank lately? Coral, Rock etc... The reason I ask is I know my tang when I add new coral she will get close to it then just stare at it a sec or two then start acting crazy for awhile. After a day or so she gets use to it.

6. mcsassy

Oct 10, 2011
    YA! Just like him haha. He has always been a goof. I'm not concerned about his health one bit...just a bit of weird behavior...he is by far the healthiest, thickest (meaty not fat) and active fish in my tank anyways. I'm moving soon anyways so whatever.

7. schigara

schigara AC Members

Jan 31, 2009
    Pale color usually indicates some kind of stress. Maybe he's just bored or a bit nutty. Maybe he had a lady out in the big blue and he's depressed and longing for her affection.

8. mcsassy

Oct 10, 2011
    His face gets a little pale in the face when he does it but when hes swimming around as usual hes rich in color all over. He is pale in the mornings too when he "wakes up". Ya he has always been a bit of a Kramer.

9. schigara

schigara AC Members

Jan 31, 2009
    As long as he is eating well, I'd just vary his diet a little. Throw in some garlic, mysis, nori, cyclops, 1&2 pellets.

10. mcsassy

Oct 10, 2011
    I feed the tank Mysis, Formula 2 frozen cubes and red macro.