Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Hello Guest, Welcome back to AquariaCentral don't forget to setup your avatar! --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/avatar

will angelfish and platy get along

Discussion in 'Freshwater Newbie Forum' started by chrizza92, Aug 19, 2008.

1. chrizza92

chrizza92 The Metal Fanatic

Apr 8, 2009
    Hi

I am just thinking if angel fish would be agressive to platys or it would be ok to keep them together i have a 120 liter tank will that be big enough for the angles and platys and maybe some swordtails and guppies

2. Mgamer20o0

Mgamer20o0 BobsTropicalPlants.com
    Staff Member

Today at 2:42 AM
    angels love platy guppies or swordtails..... they can take out a whole population of fry over night.

3. chrizza92

chrizza92 The Metal Fanatic

Apr 8, 2009
    Thats great i guess ill be buying some angels then. is it okay to buy just 2 or are they a schooling fish?

4. Fishy_Fun

Fishy_Fun AC Members

card shop employee,Self owned card shop online
    Jan 20, 2014
    I think it really depends on the angel.I have an angel in with all the fish you mentioned and hes harmless.i think if it was raised with smaller fish it might have a better tolerance.

Just my 2 Cents

5. jm1212

jm1212 Pterophyllum scalare

May 22, 2015
    i would just get one angel for your tank

6. Star_Rider

Star_Rider AC Moderators
    Staff Member

PC/network tech
    Sunday at 11:33 PM
    either a single angel with some tank mates or a pair with a small school of tetras(black neons).. but be mindful that angels will eat small tetras.(if you decide on these get the adults)

7. Carla G

Carla G AC Members

May 9, 2010
    Small tetras will be small snacks when the angels get bigger. Better to get some slightly bigger tetras of a non nippy type. Diamond tetra or head and tail lights maybe.

8. noodles62

noodles62 Just Noods......

Supervisor/Office Asst.
    Apr 30, 2015

:rofl:

9. noodles62

noodles62 Just Noods......

Supervisor/Office Asst.
    Apr 30, 2015
    Black neons are considerably bigger than regular neons. IMO they should be fine w/ an angel..........

10. ryzilla

ryzilla AC Members

Oct 16, 2009
    To be honest a 30g is small for even one angel overtime. You will be able to keep 1 to 2 angels for no more than a year before they start getting crowded. The get very tall. Before I gave my large male away that was 5yrs old his body was around 4 1/2" round, from caudal to dorsal fin he was around 9", and from tail fin to nose he was around 5 1/2". That is a big fish.

Last thought. One is what you could keep, and two would need a larger home in several years. If you get two and they are M and F say goodbye to all your other fish in a 30g.