Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

Write for TFH!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by TFH_Tara, Apr 27, 2009.

1. TFH_Tara

TFH_Tara M.A.N. Community Sponsor

Hello readers!

Are you interested in the marine side of the fish-keeping hobby? Do you know everything there is to know about that one special saltwater fish? Do your friends come from miles around to view your unbelievably gorgeous reef tank? Then share your talents with the rest of the world, and have your very own experience featured in TFH! We always welcome submissions from new writers and from beginning through advanced hobbyists.

For more information, or to submit your own article, please email our Associate Editor, Shari Horowitz, at shorowitz@tfh.com.

2. Reefscape

Reefscape I shoot people with a Canon
    Staff Member

Owner of See Through My Lens Photography
    Have emailed TFH a couple of times, with parts of some articles as sample work, and never even got a response back....So, makes me reluctant too in the future..

3. TFH_Tara

TFH_Tara M.A.N. Community Sponsor

Did you email Shari? She's really great with responding to emails quickly and I'm sure she'll contact you soon if you try again! She's very excited to speak with some potential new writers :)

4. Robert H

Robert H Aspiring Guru

Retired, writer
    As a freelance writer who has been published in TFH and others, let me give you some pointers; send a quirey by email to the editor or associate editor, in this case Shari. Briefly describe your idea for an article, the subject, what your unique angle on it is, and your estimated word length. If you have ever been published before, BRIEFLY outline with who and when. Briefly, in one small paragraph outline your qualifications for the subject matter. Write your quirey in proper english, spelling and grammar.

Writing a good quirey is like writing a good resume. You need to sell your idea and yourself, but in as concise a manner as possible. I hope that helps