The light will probably be fine, but you will need CO2 to balance as this much light will mean algae without. And watch the duration; a shorter period
Good to hear. I'm glad things turned around.
If you're looking for a background, nothing beats plain black construction paper. It is not
You are probably OK with this fungus. If this was the toxic stuff I had, you would have known it before now.
And I don't know how "grapewood"
Once they get bigger, you might be better off removing the large, tall driftwood. They'll bash into it at night, etc, plus
My air pump just pooped out after ~18months of service. Seems like the diaphragms hardened up or cracked, but I haven't opened it up to investigate.