Bad purchase

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CompulsiveAqua

CompulsiveAqua
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveland
JUST WANTED TO INFORM EVERYONE OF MY LATEST ONLINE PURCHASE. i OREDERED 7 THINGS FROM ******* ON EBAY TOTALING 180.00...NOW GOING OVER 100.00 OMMITS THE 40.00 SHIPPINGS FEE SO I USED THAT MONEY TO GRAB EXTRA CORALS. HERE'S THE FUN PART...I ONLY RECIEVED 6 THINGS, AND ACROPORA WAS MISSING...THEY HAD 4 DAYS TO LET ME KNOW AND NEVER NOTIFIED ME...THEN THEY SAID WE WILL GIVE YOU YOUR TEN DOLLARS BACK....BUT THE WHOLE POINT WAS TO SPEND MORE, GET MORE CORALS AND NOT PAY SHIPPING. THE SECOND THINGS THAT WENT WRONG WAS A ZOANTHID THAT WAS BEAT UP (TORN OF THE ROCK..ONLY HAD 8 POLYPS TO BEGIN WITH NOW IT HAD 3, TRASH) FOR 10.00 DOLLARS ALSO...THEY SAID IF IT DOESNT OPEN UP(NOTHING TO OPEN UP) THAT ALL I HAD TO DO WAS PAY 40.00 FOR A 10.00 ZOANTHID AND GET IT SHIPPED TO ME. WE TALKED BACK AND FORTH NATE AND RYAN ARE THEIR NAMES, BUT BEING GOOD SCAMMERS, ABLE TO TAKE GREAT PICS OF NOT SO GREAT CORALS, AND BEING ABLE TO MINIPULATE EBAY (SINCE I AM RELITIVLY NEW ON EBAY, I WAS FRESH MEAT)...I GOT NOTHING. NO CORAL SENT TO ME, NO NEW ZOANTHID EVEN THOUGH I SENT PICS WITHIN THE FIRST DAY (EVEN HAD A PIC OF THE UPS GUY AND THE BOX)....NOTHING BUT I RUN A ROUND AND THE SMALL REFUND...I DIDN'T WANT A REFUND...I WANTED TO GET THE 7 CORALS OUT OF THE 18 I BID ON******* ON EBAY..STAY WAY THANKS FOR LISTENING IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS or want the store name, EMAIL ME AT JAMES_ZOLDAK@HOTMAIL.COM

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Sorry about your troubles with ebay, but please do not post in caps lock.
Its rather annoying.
I realize you are angry, so if you paid by paypal, get a refund. or with a credit card, you can still get a refund.
the itme was significantly diffeernt than described.
Sorry.

Robert04

Aspiring Self Proclaimed Expert
Dec 31, 2008
Kind of umm not to sound rude but irrisponsible ordering your reef stuff from unrecognized distributors on e-bay.. there are alot of sites posted by members here that are safe and you can buy your product from.. You knew the risk when you signed up for e-bay because if you signed up it asked you to check the box, You can try to get your situation sorted with your credit card provider but either way using e-bay is a risk in its own and one you were willing to take.

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
be sure to leave appropriate feedback for them and contact ebay, and let them know and i have delt with them and told them that their new policies only help the scammers and not the real people them use and need ebay for real dealings,.. and they were quite dumb about it also if paid by paypal do the same with them,.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
This is a easy fix i buy and sell on ebay all the time. 1st contact seller which sounds like you did and a soultion to the problem was not a option you wanted. 2nd file a complaint with paypal ASK FOR A REFUND and escalate the case to a claim and paypal will review all proof and decide if you were ripped off or not. If they find you were and I have had to go thru this 3 times out of 679 buys on ebay and i have always won and got my money back so dont think paypal wont side with you if your right they will and they are prompt handling these disputes.
BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING ON EBAY RULE #1 IS LOOK AT THE SELLERS FEEDBACK RATING IF THERE RATING IS UNDER 98%DONT BUY FROM THEM NO MATTER WHAT THE SWEET DEAL IS. Thats how I shop ebay and I dont have problems sometimes the sweetest deal will bite you in the *** you just have to do your homework and ask them questions BEFORE you buy and keep all the replies you get from them as further proof if the deal becomes the nightmare like you are experiencing now.

costa78

Registered Member
Aug 10, 2009
File a complaint through ebay. They have a link to report misrepresented items. If you dont get any resolution (which may be possible given your situation) Paypal can reverse payment. Hopefully you used paypal. Good luck....I've had good and bad experiences purchasing through ebay. Mostly good, but I always read through the feedback of the seller to make sure they are legit.

zoakeeper

AC Members
Aug 9, 2009
the outback
I agree, both ebay and paypal are great for investigating and finding for the party that has been scammed. Those that are scammed and do not file/follow through with a complaint...are the losers.

fishfood420

AC Members
Jan 26, 2009
dude im sry for you. This is why i never use ebay, but the stuff rod in cali said made me think about using it, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store