I dare you to find a fatter neon tetra

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I don't know why my one neon tetra is so much fatter, but it always has been. My guess is that it is a female, and the others must be males.

Seriously though, this is one FAT neon.

Next to another neon for a size comparison. Also, a photobombing endler.

CatsMeowww

AC Members
Dec 7, 2008
Chicagoland
LoL! That is one fat momma!

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
LOL I might have to pull my camera out. I have a cardinal that is so fat that her colors are not showing properly. I'm fasting the whole entire tank right now because her obesity concerns me. :D

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
I don't know very much about Neons, but your fish looks healthy to me.

BTW nice photograhpy!

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
No kidding! One fat fish! ;)

Stargazer53

AC Members
Oct 4, 2006
I see your fat neon and raise you an obese flying fox...

Jesus, does he/she still eat algae and clean? I have one that refuses to eat algae anymore and is a total flake/pellet hog. Very territorial too; if anyone goes near any flakes that falls her way, she darts at them like an arrow.:headshake2:

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Jesus, does he/she still eat algae and clean? I have one that refuses to eat algae anymore and is a total flake/pellet hog. Very territorial too; if anyone goes near any flakes that falls her way, she darts at them like an arrow.:headshake2:
No, he would just stuff himself on bloodworms like a fat pig. I swear he could eat an entire cube himself. He wasn't a real SAE so he was never good at eating algae, even when younger. Doesn't he look like a fat sausage ready to burst? :hitting:

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store