catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Chicken liver after dark is the best way to catch catfish in a pond IME. That bait also attracts turtles...

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
I agree, your best chance of catching catfish is with some sort of liver bait used around sunset and after dark...

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Peeled shrimp, nightcrawlers, chicken livers all work well for catfish. I've also caught pond-raised channel cats on soft plastic lures during the day, pumpkinseed/chartruese bass assassins.

Mark

Michel

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
If it is a private pond you can get a can of nibblet corn and throw about half of it into the water. Wait about 15 or 20 minutes and put the same corn on a hook and toss it in. You will get a lot of catfish in a hurry. This is called chuming and is illegal in most bodies of freshwater but ok in private ponds. Check the local regs to be safe.

ramirezevanswa

Registered Member
Jun 10, 2010
I like to discussion about catfish.

The biggest catfish found in the River is 7 foot.One theory is that there is a enthusiast of nature catfish that eat the dead cadaver thrown into the river by the aboriginal as part of their tradition.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
we always used bologna growing up....usually ate catfish every night when we went camping!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store