Want to get some kribs need some advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ddmiddle7

AC Members
Sep 30, 2010
Indiana
Alright everyone I need a little advice. I am setting up my 26 gal bowfront and plan on getting a pair of apistogramma pulchra. I know I need a few caves, and I am doing a heavily planted tank with a big piece of driftwood as the center piece with a bunch of plants growing on it and around it. Will flourite be a safe substrate for them? I also plan on getting a male albino BN pleco and some sort of schooling fish as dithers plus to add some fish to the top level of the tank, since the kribs will stay mostly towards the bottom. How many can I put in there? 6-8? I was thinking some rummy nose or neon tetras. What are some other schooling fish that stay tight together? I think that will pretty much max out the tank, but if not any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help on advance.

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Alright everyone I need a little advice. I am setting up my 26 gal bowfront and plan on getting a pair of apistogramma pulchra. I know I need a few caves, and I am doing a heavily planted tank with a big piece of driftwood as the center piece with a bunch of plants growing on it and around it. Will flourite be a safe substrate for them? I also plan on getting a male albino BN pleco and some sort of schooling fish as dithers plus to add some fish to the top level of the tank, since the kribs will stay mostly towards the bottom. How many can I put in there? 6-8? I was thinking some rummy nose or neon tetras. What are some other schooling fish that stay tight together? I think that will pretty much max out the tank, but if not any other suggestions?
Thanks for the help on advance.
Well, you may want to check on what you are getting. Kribs are pelvicachromis pulcher. Apistogramma pulchra are I believe, south/central american dwarf cichlids. The information I could find puts them in the Rio Madiera river basin. Can't really give you accurate information with your stocking until I know for sure what species you are getting. I will say that
6-8 kribs is a little heavy for a 26 gallon tank, especially if they pair off and you have spawns, you're going to have some trouble then.

Joe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store