75 gallon stocking ideas needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TigerGirl301

AC Members
Oct 23, 2011
alright so Im gettting rid of my year and a half old tiger oscar. its about 13 inchs long and hopfully a LFS will b buying it from me tomorrow. I just am tired of only having one fish that kills everything it sees and is destroying my tank constantly. it looks ugly because hes gotta destroy plants so it looks like a grave yard :wall: lol. but anyways, if you live around northern ohio, feel free to buy him from me lol. so anywho, i want to r do the whole tank. i want it to be natural and beautiful with maybe natural gravle color or tan sand, some green fake plants, some bigger rocks, some driftwood, and all that good stuff. but i just dont know what kinda fish. i really want a green terror but idk what it can live with in a 75 gllon. i want a gold nugget pleco too. id just like a pretty south american cichlid tank. and no angel fish....hate em lol so any ideas would help. thanks for reading :)

TigerGirl301

AC Members
Oct 23, 2011
I just don't like angels because their SO delicate and look like they were pressed in a book like a leaf lol severums huh? I like the green ones :)

TigerGirl301

AC Members
Oct 23, 2011
How bout a green terror, severum, 2 or 3 firemouths, a gold nugget pleco....? Is that all ok? Anythin else I could add maybe? My filters a fluval 405 incase anyones wondering

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Angels are far from delicate. Just the opposite...very hardy fish.. The wild angels are difficult to keep...but far from delicate. Having said that...Severums are an excellent option for a 75.

abarilot

AC Members
Jun 7, 2009
By the Beach!
Real Name
Armand
How bout a green terror, severum, 2 or 3 firemouths, a gold nugget pleco....? Is that all ok? Anythin else I could add maybe? My filters a fluval 405 incase anyones wondering
Doesn't sound like a good combo to me plus you are going to be overcrowded once these fish grow up. Also you are most likely going to have the same problem if you get the GT, one fish for your 75g. If you want more of a community SA setup I'd stick to more peaceful species. I personally think a school of 6 Geophagus sp. Redhead Tapajos would be a perfect addition plus you can add other community fish. There are a variety of fish that don't get huge and work well in a community setup you just have to do some research and be patient. Good luck!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
If you want the green terror than just keep one green terror and maybe some dither fish. If I were you I'd get a Severum... Oh wait i already did! I love Severum I have a male gold and he's just beautiful. You could try some smaller cichlids with a Severum and pleco. Maybe rainbow cichlids or HRPs?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store