3 New Cats for Me (GEV83)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
So I've gone and purchased some more fish. Got them from John (Snookn21) and they look good. 2 are Pleco's 1 L-95 and 1 L-37 the other is a Jaguar Catfish. Never owned a catfish before other then pleco's that is. I got to upload there in the bag pictures then Ill post them for you all to see.

These guys will be housed in my 135 gallon aquarium with all my other fish. I have 2 135 gallon tanks now one with just pleco's the others is cichlids with 1 single pleco. Pic's of the tanks will come later.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
So my new fish measure at
Jaguar Catfish 3"
L-37 5"
L-95 5"

My Hypostomus sp. from my other tank from the cichlids is 9" still got to measure the other ones.

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
Nice pick ups.

MotionInSilver

AC Members
Nov 14, 2007
keep an eye on that jaguar catfish make sure it is feeding, I've purchased all of my jag cats from him except one, and they all were thin like that and half didn't make it but other 4 are such food pigs, keep an eye on him as they seem to be very hard to acclimate unlike other cats/plecs I've owned in the past! Otherwise a great fish to own to watch at night-time when they're prowling out for food.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That jag is pretty! Can you please post pics of the plecs when they adjust to their new home? I can't really tell what they look like in the bag although I did check them out on planetcatfish.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
That jaguar catfish looks awesome. Too bad they are so shy.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
keep an eye on that jaguar catfish make sure it is feeding, I've purchased all of my jag cats from him except one, and they all were thin like that and half didn't make it but other 4 are such food pigs, keep an eye on him as they seem to be very hard to acclimate unlike other cats/plecs I've owned in the past! Otherwise a great fish to own to watch at night-time when they're prowling out for food.
Thanks for the heads up. Ill try to keep a close eye on him/her. Gonna be kinda hard though since there is so many places for it to hide at.

That jag is pretty! Can you please post pics of the plecs when they adjust to their new home? I can't really tell what they look like in the bag although I did check them out on planetcatfish.
Ill try to get more pics of them when they get more comfortable to there new surroundings. But just like the Jag there are alot of places for them to hide so it may take awhile.

That jaguar catfish looks awesome. Too bad they are so shy.
My thoughts exactly. Im thinking if the Jag does good enough that I will house him in his own tank and Ill only give him access to a single cave so I could always keep an eye on him/her.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
How do you check up on a Jag that is always out of sight? i cant see if it is doing good if its stressed if it losing weight if its becoming a fatty lol. Is there any way to check on him? I work nights so no way to sneak up on it while its on the prowl.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store