Cuttlefish Pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Over the summer I set up a 75 gal for a customer who wanted to keep Cuttlefish. Mind you this person never kept a carnival Goldfish before attempting this. I did the initial set up, and provideda bit of training and technical advice along the way, but the customer did all of his own maintenance. These are about 4 months old.

IMG_20120222_170343.jpg IMG_20120222_170353.jpg

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
AFAIK it isn't so much that they are difficult to keep. They tend to have rather short lives so unless you keep breeding and raising them then the setup gets expensive fast. Typically the ones people see in stores are already most the way through their lifespan.

Nice setup.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Yup they're the annual Killifish of the SW world. He has several in tank refugia that he used to hatch and raise the current batch until they were big enough to keep track of. They should start laying pretty soon and he's itching to go! Like Khemul said, they're really not difficult to keep as adults, provided they have reef tank water quality. The babies aren't really all that difficult either except that for the first part of their lives food absolutely must be alive and kicking. Those guys eat frozen shrimp right out of your hand.

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Are these Sepia Bandensis? If so, where on earth did you get them, or should I say where on earth can I​ get them?

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Yup they're bandensis. www.tonmo.com is a good place to start to get info on them.

vanillaXtiffy

AC Members
Nov 28, 2008
Virginia
Real Name
Nilla
Love it! I want to keep saltwater one day specifically so I can have cephs.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Just got an update from the customer. It seems that there are definitely male and female cuttles present! Eggs! They're going away for the weekend but I'm getting out there early next week to move them into the net breeders and start the whole thing over again! I'll get pics, and see if any will be made available.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store