update on my tank 55 gallons.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i have 3 bolivian rams, 1 blue ram, 6 bn plecos, 1 male dwarf gourami, 4 albino corydoras, looking to get this weekend, 3 angel fish, 1 or 2 more rams, either a school of tetras or barbs, tank is 55 gallons. what you all think?

WIN_20150628_195230.JPG

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
1) I can see the wall, can you cover the back (paper, plastic, ect.). When I was young, I use to cut apart a plastic garbage bag and tape to back of tank.
2) Aside from those 4 objects in tank, there is nothing tall. Plastic plants maybe, a tall rock maybe, or a branchy diftwood.
3) Do you have 2 heaters in the tank?
4) I think with 8 or 9 Cichlids in a 55, there might be some issues

Reactions: livebearerfreak

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
doh, yeah i am switching to sand soon, going to get a black backround, yup two heaters, just for the heck of it, one goes out, other kicks on lol. i was told that its good to have a small school of rams, any truth to this?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
I think this tank will be overstocked if you go through with it. 6 bn plecos, 3 angels,6 rams, 6+ tetras,1 dwarf gourami,4(needs to be at the least 6)cory's.The only thing that makes me say over stocked is 3 angels with 6 bn plecos. 6 4-6 inch plecos that will poop a lot and 3 HUGE angel when fully grown. I think that you should not get 3 or even 2 angels. If you get 3 angels and 2 pair off then the life for the 3 angel will be awful. If you get 2 and they are of the same sex then it could end up badly. So if you are gonna get an angelfish then go with 1. Actually now that I take a closer look at the pic, it looks like you have 2 emperor 400's running on your tank so you are good on filtration even with all of those fish. What is your water change schedule? If you can do enough water changes then I think that you might possibly be able to make this workout.

Reactions: livebearerfreak

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
I think this tank will be overstocked if you go through with it. 6 bn plecos, 3 angels,6 rams, 6+ tetras,1 dwarf gourami,4(needs to be at the least 6)cory's.The only thing that makes me say over stocked is 3 angels with 6 bn plecos. 6 4-6 inch plecos that will poop a lot and 3 HUGE angel when fully grown. I think that you should not get 3 or even 2 angels. If you get 3 angels and 2 pair off then the life for the 3 angel will be awful. If you get 2 and they are of the same sex then it could end up badly. So if you are gonna get an angelfish then go with 1. Actually now that I take a closer look at the pic, it looks like you have 2 emperor 400's running on your tank so you are good on filtration even with all of those fish. What is your water change schedule? If you can do enough water changes then I think that you might possibly be able to make this workout.
i do weekly water changes, if needed, ill do twice a week water change, yeah two big emperor 400s, great filterations too! oh, btw i forgot to add, i also have a green severum too.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
With the bioload you are racking up I can almost already say to do 2 water changes a week. But I would still like to know what the amount of water you are changing per week.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
So about 20 gallons? I think that another water change will help ;).

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I would definitely skip the 3-angel fish plan. I keep a single angel in my 55g as a centerpiece fish. I'd double (or more) the number of corys you have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store