Compatibility Questions!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ladymrt

Registered Member
Apr 9, 2015
Hello all!

I am doing some research before starting a new cichlid tank and I've got a few kinds picked out that have been touted as less aggressive than some, and I'm wondering if I could get some feedback on whether I would be able to combine some or all of these species:

Blue Rams
Red Hump Eartheater
Cockatoo Dwarf
Blue Acara
Firemouth

They're all american cichlids so I know that much should be fine but other than that has anyone else tried mixing these or have heard about such? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
The rams and the cockatoo should be fine together, and the acara too.

kansasisrad

Registered Member
Jul 1, 2015
Firemouths i reccomend to go with oscars, convict cichlids & maybe a green terror.
If youre going to do a cichlid tank even with a 55 you can only have about 10 1inch cichlids, otherwise they will die off or get to aggressive.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Firemouths i reccomend to go with oscars, convict cichlids & maybe a green terror.
If youre going to do a cichlid tank even with a 55 you can only have about 10 1inch cichlids, otherwise they will die off or get to aggressive.
And it would depend on the cichlids.....

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I'd be more concerned with adult size instead of current size...along with personality, gender and feeding requirements as well as free swimming space.

kipe face

Registered Member
Jul 16, 2015
I would agree with the replies about the fire mouth. Also the acara may get a bit large for the rest of the company, usually fairly mellow though.
Kribensis might be a good fit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store