Updating Stock Lists all Tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The barbs did kill one of the danios, but are leaving the rest alone and they are very feisty eaters. Also they remaining 8 are very happy with the space the 20L provides them.

I've had fish die in the bag from PEtsmart and Petco... mostly due to stress or poor health. I check them daily and I do have a pic of the tank.. I just have to figure out to post them.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I'm thinking of redoing the 37g but keeping the SA Bumblebee Catfish I have, I love them to much to give them away. But the remaining fish in the tank I might rehome.. I'm thinking of getting goldfish. 1-2 goldies. Don't want to overdo it. I know they get large and I know they create a lot of waste, I'm planning 2x w/c every week to help with that. I have two large filter running on the 37g as well, Cascade 300(100g, 300GPH) and Marineland 200(50g, 200GPH) I think that's more then enough on the tank.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Are you planning on keeping the catfish in with the goldies? The temperature will either be too cold for the catfish or too warm for the goldies if that is the route you choose to go. Putting the catfish into the 20 L probably wouldn't be a good idea as they could make a meal of the danios.

Additionally, I wouldn't recommend to keep goldies in a 37 gallon. It won't be big enough for them long term. So unless you plan on upgrading the tank later on, I would look into other options, personally. Its not just about waste, but also about space for them in my opinion.

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I've seen softball sized goldies. . . They may have the same height as angels, but they have more width and a bigger mass. Fancy goldies are also poor swimmers and should have more room to turn around and swim. In the end its your glass box and you can do what you want, but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself. I wouldn't ever go less than a 55 gallon, preferably 75 gallon for the extra depth.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
Actually Tiff, the siamese bumblebee catfish could not eat her danios. There are multiple species. The Siamese, the giant, asian and a few others that I am forgetting. The asian and the giant could eat them for sure.

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
SA I was taking to mean South American and though they are small, they have huge mouths and I have seen them swallow danio size fish.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I've had the SA Bumblebees for 6-7 years now and I have small tetras in the tank, they never touched them.. I would move them to my 20L but they are very fast and hard to catch. I'm moving the remaining tetras to the 20H, which is 4. The angels I'm bringing back to the LFS. I'm still looking though.

Tifftastic

Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
That's good that they never touched them. I personally would be wary of them, but that is just me. It shouldn't matter however if you're not going to move them into the tank with the danios.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store