Breakfast of Champions.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
034.JPG 058.JPG While having my morning coffee outside, I spotted this little fellow eating breakfast on my Purple Queen flower. I'm not sure what type of insect it is.

Blue

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Great pics!

:)

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
066.JPG 068.JPG Another morning treasure. I hope that I can photograph my fish tank this good when I get it set up.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
It will be harder to photograph your fish. First you are limited by how close you can get - e.g. if your tank is a 18 inches wide, and the fish is at the back glass, you are going to be 18 inches away. And then by how little light there is in the tank. Flash and or very fast prime lenses are your friend. Depending on camera the onboard flash may or may not work without glare from glass. The good thing is that fish cannot run away too far - if you missed your shot, just wait until they decide to swim by again. :D

Nice pictures you got there.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Looks like a species of syrphid fly, possibly ocyptamus fascipennis.

Mark

Reactions: Blueiz

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Good fish or fish tank pictures is all about lighting, and most likely more light than you normally have over the tank unless it is lit like a reef tank with everything going. Even then the best fish photographer I know uses multiple top, and even bottom or light reflected up from another source.

Reactions: dougall and Duckie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store