Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Aww, so cute! Makes us both miss our acaras. That's quite a good number of fry for first timers in a community tank. Our male used to lose interest in caring for the fry after a couple weeks & "forget" to spit them out, ready to spawn again. The female kept him in line, or at least caught on & sent him packing. With all those plants you're bound to have at least a few survivors, cichlid fry are smart. After a few early spawns, they laid every 4 weeks...be warned, lol.

Tank looks great!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Aww, so cute! Makes us both miss our acaras. That's quite a good number of fry for first timers in a community tank. Our male used to lose interest in caring for the fry after a couple weeks & "forget" to spit them out, ready to spawn again. The female kept him in line, or at least caught on & sent him packing. With all those plants you're bound to have at least a few survivors, cichlid fry are smart. After a few early spawns, they laid every 4 weeks...be warned, lol.

Tank looks great!
OMG every 4 weeks wow!!! I didn't expect them to raise them this far along. He is still in there for the fight. =)

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Well I'm committing to the Bucephalandra as a foreground let's see how long it takes me to actually grow it out. I also have the hair algae under control with a regular dosing schedule and bi-weekly water changes. The usual wait and see it fill in.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Wow! the tank & especially the buccies look fabulous! How many acaras did I see? Some of those "fry" are getting big, momma +/or daddy might have some competition soon. Who doesn't like attention from younger cuter possible partners...or will "old + married" win out? I'll stay tuned, lol.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Very nice video!
Thanks.

Wow! the tank & especially the buccies look fabulous! How many acaras did I see? Some of those "fry" are getting big, momma +/or daddy might have some competition soon. Who doesn't like attention from younger cuter possible partners...or will "old + married" win out? I'll stay tuned, lol.
Thank you. There are 6 Acara none of the fry actually make it this being a community tank. All my attempts to separate a few never seems to work out but raising fry was never my intention. The congo tetras try to breed and the fish just follow around under them waiting for them to scatter eggs. The GBRs lose their eggs so they can't really nest. So everyone keeps everyone else from over running the tanks. There's caves in there but none can defend long enough to make it a permanent home. There's 2 male Acara the dominant male breeds and helps raise fry with any of the 4 females.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store