DISCUS BREEDER FORT WAYNE, IN

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kendoug

Registered Member
Jul 6, 2015
Hello,

I am looking for a discus breeder in Fort Wayne, Indiana or nearby. Every breeder I have seen so far is at least 3 hours away. I would really like to find something closer. Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!! :)

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
Yes, Rocky Mountain carries high quality discus, but then so does Chicago Discus.
I'd wager that Chicago Discus' stock is every bit as good in quality as Rocky Mountain's, if not better.
Problem with Rocky Mountain is - Evansville, Ind. is 2 hours' drive further away from Ft. Wayne, Ind. than Chicago, Ill. is.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
If you're extremely lucky, there MIGHT be a local hobby breeder with healthy fish. But you won't get much, if any, choice of strains or size. Get the pretty fish strain(s) you have your heart set on, pay for shipping or gas & do all the work required to get them or keep to their optimal form, they'll be worth it! If you have specific types & sizes you want, call or email with the supplier to make sure they have what you want before you pull the trigger on them. Otherwise they'll just be "practice discus", lesser fish you keep alive if you're lucky but not the awesome discus you know you want. Do it right or wait until you're ready to pay the price & do the work...ain't no bargain discus from what I've seen...

Sorry to be so blunt but that's my opinion & my experience although my last "practice hobby-bred discus" were just the type I wanted (mostly, lol, looks anyway if not exact breeding) & I did indeed work very hard for them. Think hard about what discus you're willing work for, you may want to wait until the moment's just right (midwest winters are not optimal driving or shipping times IME). This is not a decision you want to rush, but good luck, whatever you decide.

DavidZ

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
NY
Get it shipped, I like the choices provided, but would also look at Kenny's Discus, still think Kenny has the best service

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store