Growing an aquatic forest!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jade.Crusader

AC Members
Jul 4, 2013
NE Oregon
Real Name
Green Shiva
Would you need a Co2 system to achieve this kind of coverage? Or is there a low light mood that would do this?

http://****-yeah-aquascaping.tumblr.com/image/32471279596

Sep 1, 2015
Texas
Real Name
Brian
Gut instinct based on no knowledge:
With some plants, over time, with good ferts, and if you were manually propagating them when possible, probably but not practically. I honestly have no experience in high tech planting and I have no idea what plants those are, so this is just my 2 cents from the peanut gallery. That said, it looks really cool.
Brian

Reactions: Jade.Crusader

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
CO2 and ferts (IMO) is the only way, I have 2 tanks that are heavily planted (well, only one that is heavily planted now). With high lights, CO2 and ferts, the plants grew twice as fast and twice as nice. .To get the coverage you want, you will have to go that same route.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
There are ways around having CO2 with other "less than" plants/moss but if that scape you love, be prepared to work (adding co2) at it, it's an art project, long term! Not something I'm willing to do...yet anyway...try it, it's awesome!

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
With exactly those plants? I don't know, I can't tell what they all are. Can you achieve a similar look without CO2? Absolutely. I have had tanks with CO2, tanks without, and tanks where I dose liquid carbon. Personally, I prefer dosing with liquid carbon at this point. It is easier to make a mistake (or have someone else make one... as in the time a relative who was kindly watching my house/fish tank while I was on vacation dumped like 150ml of KN03 into my tank as opposed to the regular dose of 5ml) and recover than a "high tech" tank IMO. That being said; one day I would like to setup another high tech tank with fully automated dosing and switches for water changes.... that'll be a fun project for another day/another house.

Mr Ironic

AC Members
May 26, 2015
Your not gonna achieve growth like that without pressurised Co2, good Fertilization (both micro and macro) and some decent lighting (IMO this should be the limiting factor). Liquid carbon and diy Co2 aren't getting you results near to that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store