ELECTRIC YELLOW MEDS NEEDS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ELETRIC YELLOWS

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2015
i have a 300 gallon tank with around 75 electric yellow cichlids.Last week 1 bloated up,1 had some white bumps on it both died.Now another has a red lump in front of rear tail fin and a small mark on its side.Whet meds should i use? I ve been using seachem parguard. thanks

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
If you test your water, please post the results. If you don't please get it tested for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and post.

How often and how much water are you changing?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The red lump and marks maybe from fights.

ELETRIC YELLOWS

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2015
If you test your water, please post the results. If you don't please get it tested for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate and post.

How often and how much water are you changing?
everything looked good for my test,change 20% every 14 to 17 days.I found one of my problem is the skinny desease.Need to find the best med for that too

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Skinny Disease? Why do you think you need meds? Is the skinny fish just weak, and the others are keeping it from food? Maybe it is being harrassed?

I would make sure of the Disease before just adding Meds.

ELETRIC YELLOWS

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2015
Skinny Disease? Why do you think you need meds? Is the skinny fish just weak, and the others are keeping it from food? Maybe it is being harrassed?

I would make sure of the Disease before just adding Meds.
ive had 1 every other week get like that "skinny" and die

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
How long have you had the tank? Cau you post your water test readings? What are you feeding them

ELETRIC YELLOWS

Registered Member
Nov 28, 2015
How long have you had the tank? Cau you post your water test readings? What are you feeding them
i just a quick dip stick to check the water.Ive had the tank for around 5 years.I feed them tetra sticks,tetra crisps and hykari bio gold

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Have the fish been in your tank for 5 years? How often do you change water? How much?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store