white mucus on res

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

monicatetra

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Hello all.

My red ear slider has some white mucusy stuff around his mouth. He seems lathargic these last few days as well.

Any ideas what it could be and how to treat it?

Thanks

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Can you provide some information about your setup? Size, volume of water, lighting, filtration, diet? A pic would also be helpful if you can get one.

monicatetra

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
He lives in about 10-11 Liters of water.

Tank is a plastic storage tote that is 71 x 52 x 44 cm

Filter: ReSun BIO Stream Filter, flow rate 100 L an hour

Water Temp is heated to 25 C

UVA UVB combo light, over his basking spot 25W (maybe I have been leaving this on too long, it is a white light, I have been leaving it on all the time because it has been cold)

Food- turtle pellets everyday, gave lettuce the last 2 days to try and change it up

I have only had the turtle a few weeks (you can see my post "found a turtle" in the terrarium section)

I will try and get a pic too,

THANKS

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
How often are you doing water changes? Is it getting out of the water completely and drying off/basking regularly?

monicatetra

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Yes, he spends a lot of his time on his rocks. I am changing part of the water about every 4 or 5 days. I wasn't changing all of the water because I wanted beneficial bacteria to grow, but I did a complete water change yesterday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store