Shrimp! First post!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I have no clue what the good setups/deals are now a days. Like I said I've been absent for years. Look around you'll find something or ask in the equipment forum.

ecstatic

Registered Member
Feb 23, 2016
I wouldnt be surprised if when you moved them to the new tank, you left babies in the other tank unknowingly. Those things are TINY! Microscopic! Its so cool though!

I have also noticed the population I had never really seemed to "kaboom" if I ever kept my guppies in the same tank. They likely were eating all of the baby shrimp. The setup you have now though looks great! With that berried female you'll have babies in no time!!!

Moby2BettaBuddy

AC Members
May 15, 2016
Folsom CA
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Randy Henniger
Camera Used
iPhone 6s
Hi SmooveFish,
Nice set up! I really like the driftwood as your centerpiece.

I am new to the hobby and excited about my RCS breeding. I have one female and 3 males in a 3 gallon, planted tank. The female has shed her exoskeleton (I initially thought that the exo was the remains of a dead shrimp. LOL.) The female is very active all of a sudden, as are the males. I don't see any eggs on the female, yet, but I've read that this increase in activity is a sign that she may be ready to breed.

I am feeding algae wafers and Shirakura shrimp ball food. However, my RCS seem to prefer just scavenging the plants and substrate (sand) for left overs.

My question is...if the female does bear young, will they survive in the tank with my Betta? I've read that they can hide in a well planted tank (which I have) until they get large enough to not be a snack for my Betta.

I am also concerned about bio-load. All is well now (daily water testing and weekly 50% water changes) but with only a 3 gallon tank, I am a bit concerned about bio-overload.

Thoughts and comments are appreciated!
Randy/Folsom, CA

Tank: 3 gallon FluVal Spec III, 2 months new, cycled (0-NO2, 0-NO3, 0-NH3/4, PH 7.6, 78 13782288_10210166306411110_7029486347575966711_n.jpg degrees)

Tankmates:
1 Betta
4 RCS
2 Nerites
5 pond snails (must have piggy-backed with the plants)

Aquaticfrog32

AC Members
Mar 17, 2016
Smoovefish, that tank's beautiful! ( so is yours, Randy! )

Reactions: Moby2BettaBuddy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store