Not all my Purigen went white after recharge

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

apastuszak

AC Members
Jun 2, 2015
Bensalem, PA
www.stamphacks.com
Real Name
Andy
Camera Used
iPhone XR
I just recharged my Purigen while I was trapped indoors during Snowpocalypse.

The Purigen was pretty filthy. I soaked it for 24 hours in a 1:1 ratio of bleach to water. The last 2 times I did this, the Purigen looks spotless and has a every so slightly yellow hue to it.

This time, that happened to about 90-95% of it. The other 5-10% stayed a very dark brown color.

Has anyone else had their Purigen discolor like this after repeated use?

discuspaul

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Surrey, B.C. Canada (Vancouver)
Real Name
Paul
Give the bag a few good turns & jabs, & flip it over several times with something like a chopstick, while it's soaking in the bleach solution. You need to move all the beads around well within the bag to ensure their full exposure to the bleach cleansing.
If you let the bag just sit within the solution, there won't be sufficient penetration of the bleach to clean up beads that are mostly centered in the bag, unexposed, or not well exposed, to the bleach.

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
Purigen only charges so many times or as mentioned some beads can get missed. I also found mine continued to turn whiter while soaking in the prime solution.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store