My breeding tank, what do you think?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lokey96.xD

AC Members
Jan 31, 2016
Hey this is the second time trying to breed my two betta. First try they embraced but no eggs so it's been a week and I'm trying a new set up... What do you thinkimage.jpeg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm trying to remember way back when we had bettas spawn...I think a lot more floating/tall plants are needed. What kind of filtration do you have? I can't tell but you want a slow gentle flow that won't disturb the bubble nest, like a sponge w/ very slow air pump setting. Temp? I "think" ~80F is good, look it up!

Your pic is funny, looks like the male is above the rim let alone the water level. Is he jumping for joy, lol? Sorry, couldn't help it. What is the white net thing in the left half?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
I don't know anything about breeding bettas but good luck! ;) Let us know how your new setup works!

Reactions: Lokey96.xD

Lokey96.xD

AC Members
Jan 31, 2016
I have a slow flowing filter I was going to put in after the fry hatch so it won't disturb the bubble nest, would that work?

My temp is about that but my heater broke so have another one on its way should be here today or tomorrow.

Haha I don't see it :( maybe because I took the photo
It's a foam cup for him to make his bubble nest

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Your pic is funny, looks like the male is above the rim let alone the water level. Is he jumping for joy, lol? Sorry, couldn't help it. What is the white net thing in the left half?
Are you talking about the red and blue thingy by the divider? That is not a fish, but colored clothes pins (or some other kind of clip). Open pictures in new tab and zoom in - both pictures the fish are both below the water line.

Reactions: Lokey96.xD
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store