20 Long ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I have glass covers on all my tanks. Or I might do Green Neon Tetras not sure.

Anyone have ideas on small fish?
I been searching around and came up with a list, but not all are going in. Just want to know which would be good choices.

Threadfin Rainbows
Green Neon Tetras
Forktail Blue eye Rainbows
Purple Harlequin Rasboras
pork chop Rasboras
Emerald Dwarf Rasboras
Galaxy Rasboras
Neon Dwarf Rainbows? (I think they get to big)
Ember Rasboras

As for bottom feeders heres the list for them:
Dwarf Chain Loaches
Yo yo Loaches
Panda Corys
Kuhli Loaches
Pygmy Corys

I really want to give loaches another try again.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have glass covers too, danios still fit out the filter gap.

Yoyos get too big, 5-6 inches. Even the praecox (dwarf neon) rainbows at 3'' are like you thought too big. Maybe ok in your 37g, I know, same footprint.

Any of those others look good to me.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I haven't kept furcatas, threadfins a least 2 M & 3 F but for all their fins, are quite small so depending on what other fish you could do 3M & 4-5F. Sids, at least 6 maybe 8. I haven't kept those 2 species together, would you want other fish too?

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I'm not putting both together. I really like the look of the threadfins, but I also like the forktail. I'm stuck bewteen the two. I know Im getting the dwarf chain loaches for the tank. I have black sand and black background if that helps a bit.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
My sids were very dark on black, almost no chain pattern above the lateral line but still wonderful. Threadfins have very small mouths, need tiny foods & looks awesome against black. They're colors are subtle but varied, there are a couple regional varieties, 1 more pink, the other more yellow as I recall. The males need both another male & some female to show off for & look their fin flexing best.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I could do kuhli loaches in the 20 long and chain loaches in the standard 20. What I might do some day and upgrade the long into a 29 soon. But that'll be in a few months once room is rearranged a bit.

I might go with the threadfins since Im leaning more towards them.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
Could I do Dwarf Neon rainbows? I'm upgrading this tank to a 29 gallon next month. Is that possible to do? Only have them temporary in the 20 Long till the upgrade? Or no? I love their blue coloring. Even though I do like the threadfin rainbows as well.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I'm going to make this tank a Blue Ram tank, with a decent school of Black neons, a clown pleco and 2 SA Bumblebee Catfish. Letting it run for awhile then add the plants and other fish. I always add rams last since they are quite sensitive fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store