My RSM C250 reef tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Thank you. If you end up getting a star polyp, be really careful where you place it. It is hard to remove once it spreads since it encrusts the rock. If you like color, go with the green as they are fluorescent. The pink star polyps don't glow (never seen a fluorescent pink star polyp). The pink does spread faster than the green for me, though.

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
Also started building a refugium, this will be going above the display tank. Just waiting for the pipes and pump to arrive.20160208_062723.jpg

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Cool! In my ideal fantasy saltwater tank I'd have a refugium above my tank so I can flush the tiny critters outta there without chopping them up on the way. Is that why you did it above?

krytan

Sep 2, 2007
Norwich, England
Real Name
Wayne
That and i didn't have room in my sump for it.
The red sea max has a rear sump and i didn't want to drain the tank to drill it.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Oh a clam, nice. May you have good luck with it. Eventually I would like to have one as well, but not sure if my tank is ready for it. Besides I cannot add anything for a while - going to move into a house in april (yay no more renting). If you wait for copepods to appear naturally as hitchhikers it will be a long wait. I would suggest you get a hold of some algae from an established refugium that has critters running around. Or if you cannot find that, try to buy them in a bottle to seed your refugium.

Reactions: krytan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store