125 gal lighting

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tims880

AC Members
Dec 13, 2015
My Camera skills lack ....I cant seem to get the blur look out. Do you guys use a tripod?
My chain swords look washed out and really they are not.
I still have a jungle on the right side.....too cold to order any plants at this time.
I did get the new timer on every thing seems to be working.

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
Looking good and coming along nicely. I hope everything goes well. You might consider getting some fast growers locally. More plant mass would be good, and will help you get the balance of lights, CO2, and ferts dialed in. Consider it practice for when you invest in more expensive plants. It does take some time, and I am always tweaking and adjusting everything.

As to pictures, I actually just use my cell phone now. No tripod. It has a better camera than the last camera that I bought.

Keep the updates coming. Looking forward to seeing how the growth comes along.

tims880

AC Members
Dec 13, 2015
Both drop checker's were green today for the first time. I do believe I saw some pearling also for the first time.
I know I am entering the "danger zone" ........
I think I need to loose the aqua clear HOB and go with another ehiem 2217 good filters and cheap...
Man this light is bright.....
I had AH supply mega light on a 20 gallon years ago......failed...
This seems more for giving....

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
At green you are in no danger. Lime green to almost yellow is good. If you want to get more precise you can calculate using ph & kh. As always, keep an eye on the livestock when you increase the CO2.

I know there or lots of pros and cons, but I feel better now using a ph controller.

tims880

AC Members
Dec 13, 2015
I was very timid in my co2 dosage....its been a slow progress.
I read one your threads on the install of the controller....
I need the same or maybe not....
The GLA Regulator is precise...I think.

Greggz

AC Members
Feb 2, 2008
Novi, MI
A ph controller is not necessary. However, it does provide some benefits. For me, I can keep the CO2 turned up a bit higher, which gets to my optimum ph quicker. Also keeps the ph in a stable range which in turn keeps the CO2 in a stable range. I really didn't want to get one but now am glad I did.

I recently went through everything you are going through now, and I understand the taking it slow part.

tims880

AC Members
Dec 13, 2015
Well the light took a crap today. After tank maint , I put the light back on the tank...reset the timers and turned on the light. It was on for like 5 minutes I heard 2 pops and then nothing.....
So I have learned my lesson again ....you get what you pay for....
Back to the old reliable catalina light.
LED light for a 120????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store