ACA Member

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MoJo

AC Members
Sep 2, 1998
Dallas, PA
www.aquamojo.com
As many of you may or may not know, I was recently appointed to Publicity Chairman of the American Cichlid Association. The job in a nutshell is to get the word about the orginization out to as many people as possible. I would like to know how many members of the board are members of the association. If you can give me a sentence or two about why you joined it will be helpful in me formulating marketing material for the future.

If you are not a member, I would also like to know if you ever considered joining. Are there any reasons or issues that would prevent you from joining? Trust me, no one is going to judge you if you simply don't want to get involved. It is and always will be voluntary. I would like as many responses to the question as possible.

Anything else anyone would like to provide as input would be appreciated. Thanks for you cooperation.

Cypherman

All about Aulonocara!
Apr 3, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Firstly, let me congratulate you on your new appointment. Secondly, I am not a member of the ACA. I have given it some thought, but mainly what stopped me was the fact that I dont have time to truly become involved, and my taste in cichlids is pretty much restricted to New Worlders, so the Bunten-whatever the magazine is called wouldnt interest me since I assume it covers a wide range heh.

Last edited:

Cypherman

All about Aulonocara!
Apr 3, 2002
Buffalo, NY
Also I think the site really isnt that impressive. It could use a nice, sleek revamp, if you know what I mean. For instance, when I first looked, I was suprised the association had no one taking pictures of every one of the shows, just the 1998 show. Photos of events would really convince people of what they're missing out on.

predatorcichlid

AC Members
Jan 19, 2003
ohio
community.webtv.net
Have been a member ACA for quite sometime. I am also a member of the great lakes cichlid associotaion and the Ohio cichlid society. Both ACA backed clubs. I was a judge for ACA shows and events awhile back. But have been lacking the time to do as much as I would like over the last few years.

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
I have been planning on joining ACA and the Atlanta Area Aquarium Society for about two months now and I just haven't gotten to it. I wanted to go to the convention but then I found out I had finals today for summer school so I was unable to attend, I was not happy about that.

I am going to join now actually, hopefully I can do it online.

Verse914

Aulonocara Lover
May 9, 2002
Fort Wayne, IN
www.Verse914.com
Hey Mojo. I wish I could have met you at the ACA this year. I seen you, and I knew I seen you from somewhere, but I couldnt remember your name:)
I really enjoyed the ACA this year and plan on going next year too. I ended up with 13 fish, two tanks, a couple shirts, and a nice piece of holey rock.

Heres a pic that your in Mojo:p

and heres me(maybe you remember seeing me there). Im the one in the middle with Pam Chin from "Ask Pam"

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Congratulations, man!

I have only been in the hobby since last July or August, and only had a fish tank since the end of August, so I haven't really gotten my feet too wet in organizations. I figure that I'll get a Cichlid this year, and then seriously consider joining ACA as I would at least then deserve to be a card-carrying cichlidiot...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store