what is the best ich med.?..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
just like the title says..i have a small acura butterfly fish in my hospital tank treating for ich..i am treating with ich cure..it's this blue stuff that looks like blue food coloring..it's seems to work..but i was wondering what is the best ich medicain that's not to exspensive? i have used one called kick ich but it's like 40 dollors a bottle...so i was wondering what everybody else uses that is real good..

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Best meds are copper like Cupramine but it is a harsh treatment and the fish have to still be somewhat healthy/eating in order to use copper IMO. Right now I am treating my Chevron tang in a hospital tank using Seachem Metronidazole ($8 at my LFS) and it seems to be working well. Overnight I went from an infestation of well over 50 spots to just a few spots today.

IMO stuff like Kick-Ich is pretty worthless. It is "reef safe" so you can use it in a display tank, but it rarely if ever solves the problem. It may slow it down a little but I have seen people use 3 big bottles of it and still had ich.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store