Otocinclus Cocama - A Zebra's Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Welcome to the new OC (Otocinclus Cocama). Here they are. My little guys arrived ok today. They were definately on the hot side of things when I opened the box. Slowly acclimating at just under 2 drops / second. Added a fresh slice of zucchini to their bowl. Not too long after, I already saw one catching a nibble.

Well start with a group photo. Here they are right before flying solo in the bowl:

Some Individual shots:

And one more group shot with zucchini:

It will be a couple more hours before they are ready to go into the tank. With their arrival today, I didn't get the scaping done to where I wanted it. So, we'll leave it as is for a spell. Once they are more comfortable, I can start working in the tank again.

StangSally

Fishy Kisses!
Apr 7, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
cute!!

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
those are sweet looking!!! Maybe one day they some can go in my 55 ;)

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Sweet little boogers! And they poop as much as my baby plecs!! :grinyes:

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Checked in on them this morning while I was dosing ferts to other tanks. All looks well. Best that I can tell with the dim lighting is that they colored up nicely from the trip. Will be able to check better of course this afternoon with full light.

On a funny side note...I went ahead and added a second slice of zuc during the acclimation. When it came time to release them into the tank, I slowly poured the water out. Each zucchini had one little guy on it. They weren't budging. As the zuc slipped out the bowl, they rode it to the bottom like a surf board. One of the pieces even flipped. Didn't bother them a bit. Was fun to watch. The other immediatly hit the driftwood and made themselves at home.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store