Experiences with buying from "China's Finest Goldfish"?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dragon_Hacker

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Hi, I am thinking about buying a couple of goldfish from "China's Finest Goldfish" (www.chinasfinestgoldfish.com), however I have no experience in buying goldfish from a site, and I don't even know about the validity of the site in question. :nono:

Have any of you bought goldfish from (www.chinasfinestgoldfish.com)? Did you get your fish? What was the quality like? How was it? If you have any experience with the site, and can answer, that would be great. :nilly:

THANK YOU!

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
I haven't heard of anyone buying from China's Finest before. My go-to quality goldfish seller in Canada would be Fish Sempai at http://www.fishsempai.com . I know for sure they have high quality fish.

I know Rain Garden ships to Canada as well. www.raingarden.us . I've bought from them before and they have healthy, gorgeous fish.

My first impression of the China's Finest site is that they are a mass importer - you only get to see "example" photos of the type of fish you want, not the actual fish you are buying. That makes me nervous. Their fish are cheap but you get what you pay for and the photos show it.

If you can go into their physical stock room and check out the fish they have, it's worth a shot. But I wouldn't buy from them - I want to see the actual fish I'm buying!

Dragon_Hacker

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Thank you for the quick answer!

However when you said, "My first impression of the China's Finest site is that they are a mass importer - you only get to see "example" photos of the type of fish you want, not the actual fish you are buying. That makes me nervous. Their fish are cheap but you get what you pay for and the photos show it."

I know that is not true because you get an "example" photo for the fish that their sold out of. If you go to their telescope butterflies (http://www.chinasfinestgoldfish.com/2009/12/calico-butterfly.html#calico), which their not sold out of, you see the individual fish that you buy. So you do see the physical fish, plus they even have every individual fish on a video in youtube... But the site does make me nervous to though...

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
I've only begun hearing about them recently, as in within the last year or so, so I'm assuming they're relatively new to the scene. As far as their stock goes (and this is based solely on visual info) I've seen stock of similar quality listed for 3 times the price on a particular US site. Gotta agree with FS though about sempai being the go to guy for those north of the border. I've drooled over their stock on multiple occasions, and they've got a a stellar rep in the goldfish community. As far as china's finest goes, as long as you follow proper qt procedures, it couldn't hurt to give em a try. Definitely tell us how it goes too!

Clare12345

Registered Member
Jan 27, 2009
FlaringShutter, what kind of goldfish is that in your picture? Its amazing. I want to buy one. Or more than 1. Do you sell them?

China's Finest

Registered Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hello Everyone!

I am Kelvin the owner of China's Finest Goldfish.

Dragon_Hacker: The fish you see is the one you will get, those are not samples (except for the baby fish). They are priced much lower than most sites since they were "mass" imported and as all of you can see, we are just starting :). Most sells were done locally in Vancouver, but we also have customers from Alberta for example.

For feedbacks from previous buyers, please visit http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/index.php
It is a local BC forum and we are a sponsor there.

Thank you everyone for visiting our site :)
Feel free to ask here or email me if you have any questions.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
This smells fishy to me.........seems like a posting to "get" some business.........go to your local fish store talk to the owners and do business all my local stores are more than glad to get you want you want and get quality fish, I for one never buy fish on line.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store