The adventures of X-ray and gamma ray through TSA security

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
It is now legal to excee the 3.4 oz liquid ban for carry on luggage if liquid has a fish in it. There is no limit to the volume and must be sufficient to maintain the life of the fish. One not of caution certain airline may not allow carry on fish such as delta but unless your being overboard with the volume of water TSA does not interface with the airlines.

I just travele through Eug to SLC via delta the Korean air from SLC to Vegas then Vegas to PDX to Eug. The Eug airport knew I was coming as I used a web contact form to in form them of my arrival and a supervisor contacted me the day before. Vegas was a blind test. After a couple people the supervisor had my hands tested for explosives and dice my transparent fish are not explosive they let me through.

There is a TSA phone app that has a what can I bring section and both live goldfish and live fish are listed.
http://goldfishgarage.blogspot.com/search/label/The Adventures of X-ray and Gamma ray: TSA

There are a few more things I'll post to the link as soon as I get copy right issues worked out on the Bellagio fountain video that YouTube is holding up due to copyright infrinent for the song playing in the background.

Best fishes
David
Www.goldfishgarage.com

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Eug... as in Eugene? I'm in Eugene too. Don't know that I'll ever be traveling with fish, but it's nice to know I'd be able to if I ever wanted to.

*Edit* I just realized who you are. I'm the guy that started the Aquaholics Anonymous group in Eugene. Nice to see you here!

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Eug... as in Eugene? I'm in Eugene too. Don't know that I'll ever be traveling with fish, but it's nice to know I'd be able to if I ever wanted to.

*Edit* I just realized who you are. I'm the guy that started the Aquaholics Anonymous group in Eugene. Nice to see you here!
[/FONT]

That's the one, Go ducks!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Ichthius, I have to say I got a kick out of the pics on your blog. It's like your fish was sightseeing on vacation. LOL. And then there was Bill Murray. I doubt I will ever fly with fish, but it's good to know.

And "Aquaholics Anonymous" was amusing too, 007genie.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I didnt know there was a ban on how much liquid you could carry on. I brought a couple of pops and a water both ways when I flew to and from florida. I bought it all at the airport after I got through security. That was the first time I have ever been on a plane that I can remember. Apparently I was a few times when I was a baby, but I cant remember that far back.

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
It all depends upon what country you are flying in.

U.S. flights you can't do more than 3.4 ounces in a container but you can have multiple containers up to one quart sized ziploc bag. I do 20-25 trips a year for work. I kind of figure I'll be able to retire from a lawsuit against TSA for the radiation damage.

In some other countries there are either no restrictions or they require you to take a drink out of it when going through security.

The most problems I've had with security is in Paris. They were very upset at me for my laptop bag. Apparently I had too much electronics in it. They don't seem to care much about the liquids though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store