HELP RED EYE TETRA HAS THIS GROWTH GROWING OUT OF ITS GILL!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
I want to post a pic of him but am having trouble uploading the pic. All I can say is the fish has this growth growing out of its gill :eek3:. He is active and eating swim around.I have no idea what this is he has been fine and now this I don't want to euthanize him as yet is just so hard to do that.

All my other fish are fine he is in my 36g which has good water parameters nitrate is 10, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and ph 6.0. I am actually going to do a wc in a few minutes the tank is due to have one. I don't have a QT tank the one I was trying to use a while ago was ridiculous was only a 2.5g tank which is now a betta tank.

I have no glue what to do and am very frustrated because everytime I try to upload a pic to a thread lately it takes forever to upload. The growth looks like a tumor and he is getting another one on the other side. Poor guy is so weird because all my other fish are fine and so was he until now. My other red eye T's are fine. Any help is appreciated wish I could I post a pic to show you.:wall:

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
Guess I will just have to wait it out and see what happens I have no QT and have no clue what this is to even try to treat it. Thanks anyway.

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Picture would help greatly. I'm sorry about your tetra...

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
Finally posted some pics of this fish

Here is the best pics I can get of him or her not sure what sex the fish is. Not sure what this is coming out of it's gill.

Happy Holidays 2008 002.jpg Happy Holidays 2008 001.jpg

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
I don't know what it is lol I am a nurse and it looks like a cyst or tumor. :huh:The fish is active does not show any signs of labored breathing and is eating too. Not sure what to do I don't have a QT and to tell the truth I am awful at diagnosing fish diseases.

When I have had a sick fish in the past and tried to diagnose and treat the fish it never helped and the fish died anyway. I am at a loss to what this is. My other fish do not exhibit his symptoms this popped out out of the blue the fish was fine up until a week ago and then I noticed this. He is such a beautiful red eye tetra I feel bad for him :(. My water parameters are fine I did a wc too on Monday this is just baffling to me.

rich311k

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Long Island, NY
Real Name
Rich
I would say it what it appears some kind of tumor. I think all you can do is watch and hope he is alright with it. If he starts t suffer I would put him down as long as he is eating and swimming I would just let it be.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
i agree^^^^^^

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store