Paradise fish help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AemaethUK

Registered Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello I have a 2 Paradise fish one male and one female and 5 mountain cloud minnows.

I do water changes every week at 20/30% with treated water the temperature stays at a constant 20-22, the tank is a fluval edge and has plenty of rocks and foliage for them to hide and explore, however recently the male has been hiding at the bottom of the tank and goes up occasionally for air the female is fine darting around happily and the minnows just do what they normally do hang in their school.

Just want to know whats happening to my paradise fish is he ok/natural to relax at the bottom or is it something else ?

AemaethUK

Registered Member
Feb 21, 2012
I havent been able to check the Parms atm, however i've got it tested and supposidly the water is fine i did get the readings however it turned to mush when it started raining and got absolutely soaked!

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
You need to buy a test kit that will check for, at the minimum, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Liquid test kits are better. You will need to cycle your tank, if it has not cycled already. There is a sticky in the freshwater newbie section on how to cycle a tank.

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I don't think you've told us the size of the tank. How much are you feeding them and is the male pigging out? My male black paradise fish will eat huge hunks of food and sit down bottom for a couple of days.

Eric

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store