Bolivian ram growth rate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
My two new rams have grown at an incredible rate since Saturday... It's actually unbelievable. Do they usually grow quickly? They seem to have grown nearly a cm in 5 days..... Ps I totally understand why people love rams, so interesting to watch.
Tony

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
They're late bloomers, but once of a certain size, do seem to grow rather quickly. I have 6 juveniles, one year olds, that are still the size of a medium platy!

1229f.jpg

1229f.jpg

VickiesZoo

AC Members
Aug 25, 2009
NW IN
Real Name
Vickie
I'm amazed at this too. I bought 2 very little ones in early December hoping to have 2 females for my 2 males. Less than 3 weeks later they had eggs. Since then, the littlest I believe to be the female has barely grown while the other newcomer has grown alot! but still acts like a female. The eggs produced at least 100 fry but only 3 survived as I wasn't prepared. The new fish were so little I had no idea I'd have eggs so soon. At 2 months old, there is a significant difference in their size. Maybe their growth has to do with the sex of the fish. Hmmmm.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store